In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black Powder 10 & 12 ga Blanks

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Ask the Experts
Nephew gave me 7 boxes of the blanks. Since I know that the 10 ga blanks are used to signal the start of a sailboat race, I can give them to someone who will use them. They are also used in cannons for the 1812 Overture.

Other than making noise on New Years eve and scaring birds, is there another used for the 12ga blanks?

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dog training. Shotgun start for golf tourney. Messing with your bud at the trap range.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim, If you don't already have someone in mind for the 10 ga, our American Legion uses them in a signal cannon mounted on an old fire truck we drive in parades. Not sure how much the shipping would be to 47933 but I bet the post would pay it.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    Jim, If you don't already have someone in mind for the 10 ga, our American Legion uses them in a signal cannon mounted on an old fire truck we drive in parades. Not sure how much the shipping would be to 47933 but I bet the post would pay it.

Email sent.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen (heard) them being used to frighten away wildlife. Some areas don't allow firearm discharging but have no regulations about signal cannons.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Email received and replied to. I'll reimburse you for the shipping myself.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly