In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Information for W. B. Gard

AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Ask the Experts
Hello - I have a rifle has a fair amount of engraving - and on the magazine floor plate is engraved the name W. B. Gard. I do not know if this is the name of a gunsmith - engraver - or the person for whom the rifle was built. The person whom I bought the rifle from said he thought the rifle was "smithed" by a trade school in Colorado - but that may not be factual. Any information about this individual would be appreciated. Many Thanks in advance - AQH

This information added from 11b6r:
"In addition to the Trinidad State Junior College smithing program, there is a long standing program in the Denver area (Lakewood)- Colorado School of Trades. Training gunsmiths since 1947."

I called the number given me by forgemonkey - but they are closed until after the new year. As soon as I find the number for the school suggested by 11b6r - I will give them a call after the holidays.

Any information gleaned will be sent to Locust Fork so the rifle can be listed on the auction side. Many thanks for the help - AQH

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Show us some pics.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 for pic's. Students from there have done awesome work.

Built for name is common on a floor plate.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Members All - You must remember that I am one of the founding members of Ludites International. My cameras are two Nikon-F's black body film cameras. I don't have digital capability nor the knowledge of how to post pictures on this site.

If any information is gleaned it will be given to Locust Fork so it can be listed on the auction side.

Many Thanks in advance for any information that you may have - AQH