In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help Identifing .22 German Rifle

petrella90petrella90 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in Ask the Experts
Hello, Can anyone help in identifying the below rifle?
Any information you can provide would be great.

Thanks!!

O8NvOf.jpg

FnzfY2.jpg

OH1l4w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your pic's are weak, I can't read them. I have a pre WWII Erma 22 trainer single shot that looks like a scaled down 98 Mauser. From what I can see yours looks more like a regular sporting rifle.

added Your posting is fine, it's the pic's that are weak. Go to auction side and look at the pic's of stuff for sale. Some people do a great job and get top $, others don't sell or bring much less because buyer's can't tell what they are looking at.

The sight and safety on my Erma are 98 like. It has the hollow under the bent bolt too. Looks a lot like the KKW posted below. Mine is an excellent shooter and functions flawlessly with the crappy bulk pack 22 ammo.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gustloff was a German manufacturer, during the second World War. Not commonly encountered in .22 RF, as most of their production were military firearms.

They took over the production facilities, of BSW in the late 30's. Your rifle was actually made during the war. Because the eagle proof mark as seen in your 3rd photo, came into use after 1939.

Your photos don't show much detail? But might have been made originally as a military trainer? That has been sporterized?
  • Options
    petrella90petrella90 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You Both, sorry for the photos, first time posting pictures.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    K.K. Wehrsportgewehl or KKW is used to describe training rifles that were used by the German military between the WWI and WWII.They were produced by Gustloff-Werke in Suhl, Germany. As Rufe-Snow states, the Eagle-N is a Nazi military acceptance mark or proof mark further indicating it was manufactured between 1939 and 1945. He may be right on the sporterized part, as I have not seen any pics of any quite like yours. There are some variations, but they are military trainer variations as far as I can research.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/item/614542667
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This link shows what a original Gustloff .22 training rifle looks like.

Use your cursor on the photos, for close up views of the rifle.

http://jamesdjulia.com/item/lot-3169-and-loz-sa-marked-gustloff-kkw-german-training-rifle-53106/