In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sako Receiver Sight Aperture

257imp257imp Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in Ask the Experts
Aperture is marked 100 and 200.What do the numbers mean?Turning,from one to the other,does not seem to affect aperture size,so is something missing/wrong?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    most likely the relationship to height off the Center of bore line is slightly higher on 200 setting

edit just got mine out of the safe .I really need totake it out to the range it is a heavy barrel222riihimaki model serial No36975
    with a vintage weaver K10 as well as removable magazine
    any one have an Idea when it was made I got from and older friend's 'estate many years ago any one have and Idea when it could have been built [?]
  • Options
    257imp257imp Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Duh,why did't I think of that?I feel like an idiot!Thank you.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    I had an old forester 30-06 that had one. They were 100/200 meter sights with a cautionary note that after market front sights might affect the accuracy of one if sighted in with the other. Post Garcia referred to them as 100/200 yard sights. (200 meters is about 216 yards). That was my understanding of them. They were great rifles and the sight worked fine with slight variations in various bullet weights available in 06. Mine liked the 180 grain best.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A one time Sako collector here,,the best shooting bolt action production rifles ever made.[:)]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sako's are ok. I'll stick to my Carl Gustav.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two sets of them sitting in my parts box. One came off my L-46 .222 Remington the other ???. Beautifully made (typical Sako) the set consists of both a front and rear sight so they are regulated.