In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Python DOM

Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in Ask the Experts
I have a Colt Python, bright stainless 4" barrel with a S/N of PN005XX. Can someone give me a year of manufacture? I tried Colts website and proof house with no luck.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello Gentleman,
    I just aquired a Colt Python, 357, 4 inch nickle, unfortunately the box and papers wernt with it, im trying to get a date of manufacture, so I can source a period correct box and papers. The Serial number is V069XX, I suspect its around 1978 or 1979, can anyone look this up? I dont see any numbers in my new edition of the blue book.

Many Thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it didn't come up on their www, phone the number given and talk to a human. They have records not yet digitized.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you reach out to the Colt forum? I bet it's a 90's gun based on google
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    1-800-962-COLT They will tell you the year manufactured for free. Any other info you want will cost you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spider,

I called Colt this morning and was informed that it was manufactured in 1994.

Shilowar was on top of it.