In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Batavia special Price Check

SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have price info for this SxS, 12 gauge from low to high. I can't find much about it.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SP45,

I can find bits and pieces but not a tremendous amount regarding price:

"About 1906 the Batavia Special with "same-tensile" steel, S with "Fluid-Tempered" steel barrels [eventually replacing the B Grade], and R (eventually replacing the A grade) with Krupp or Damascus steel barrels were introduced. R Grade engraving changed to a single dog looking up at a single bird on each side. A high grade trap gun with "Holland Fluid Steel" and special engraving was also offered."

http://www.bakercollectors.com/index.php?p=1_7_History-of-the-Baker-Guns

I did find this on another site but it's another auction site so I'll pass it along in an e-mail to you.

Best.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    thanks nononsense I have a SYRACUSE arms CO. shotgun with KRUPP barrels would this have been made before or after the Fire you note as taking place in 1888 1888 THIS shotgun. has a neat feature a small lever in the fore-arm that switches the the gun it back & forth between extractor and ejector function