In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Qd riser

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited January 2017 in Ask the Experts
Is there any real difference in the brand name and the less expensive unbranded ones? As far as i can tell they are all made in China.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, I know for a fact that Leapers, Inc. (UTG) parts are all made right here in the USA. So are the LaRue parts. There may be more but those two are certain.

Unbranded, white box, less expensive, are all an indication that the part originated in China or other low-level supplier countries. The differences that I've actually seen are in the dimensions. The slots or rails themselves will show enough variation where the attachment doesn't fit properly. It is becoming rare though since the niche market has gotten to be significant as far as dollars are concerned.

I don't advocate spending top dollars unless there is a real and significant reason to do so, or if your confidence level if much higher.

Best.
  • fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Thanks, just ordered a UTG.