In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What Series is a Colt National Match Gold Cup

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
manufactured in 1986? Thanks

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    one series to late IN MY OPINION before WW II match grade colts were called NATIONAL MATCH hand fitted parts and with both fixed or Adjustable sights then 1957 the national matchwas also called the GOLD CUP then gold cup national match then serial37025NM was the first series 70 gold cup.EDITford six You have a very nice pistol high quality [^]But one bit of caution you pistol was built as a target pistol back at this point in time different recoil springs were not in common use so colt chose to lighten the slide to make the gun function with light powder charge loads I E 185 grain.semi wadcutter "this loading is no longer made by factory 45acp makers except special order SO 230 grain Ball as a steady diet in your pistol May cause damage to your pistol Slide ETC my suggestion is to put a stronger recoil spring in your pistol to keep the slide from battering the frame Feel free to double click on my user name and send me a personal email with your phone number if yopu want and a time to call you and I can go into more detail Perry Shooter
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i have a 1962[:0]
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you change the recoil spring, I use Wolff's 18.5 pound in mine, be sure to change the firing pin spring to the one Wolff sends with the recoil spring. A 1911 on full-auto slamfire is a memorable experience.

Added: When the higher pressure/power recoil spring closes the slide it does so faster than the standard 16# spring. The firing pin is floated in its channel with a coil spring around its front section to restrain it from moving forward under the inertial force of the slide stopping on the closed chamber. When the stronger spring slams the slide closed on a standard firing pin spring it MAY result in one or more slam-fires as the spring does not adequately restrain the fairly heavy firing pin.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I don't own any Series 80 1911's so I didn't think of them when I answered. The firing pin block should take care of restraining the firing pin. I would still replace the spring, just out of an abundance of caution.