In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

compact 9mm

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
looking for a small compact 9mm for carry with 10 rds or more found the keltec p11, Taurus g2, any other suggestions remember 10 rds or more love the walther, glock but the single stacks only max at 8 rds

Comments

• Options
    bk0331bk0331 Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been carrying a P-11 for about 20 years. Very reliable. I have the belt clip on mine, which makes it easy to slip inside the waistband without a holster. I also have the pinky extension on the mag. Makes a big difference in taming the recoil. They now have 12 round mags available.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bk0331
    I have been carrying a P-11 for about 20 years. Very reliable. I have the belt clip on mine, which makes it easy to slip inside the waistband without a holster. I also have the pinky extension on the mag. Makes a big difference in taming the recoil. They now have 12 round mags available.

+1, Bought my P 11 new in 1996. Used it for years as my EDC, until got my G 27, a number of years ago. Stood up to well over a thousand rounds, lot being my hot handloads. Broke the slide stop and hammer axis pin, ( not at the same time). KelTec sent me replacements gratis, that I installed myself.

Incidentally the P 11 uses the same mag, as the older double stack Smith and Wesson 9mm pistols. Lot of times I will carry it in my pocket, with the 15 round mag. No Holster, the extended mag keeps it in position. So it won't pivot in my pocket.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I carry a Springfield XD-9 subcompact. It comes with 13 and 16-round mags.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xd-sub-compact-9mm/
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could also look at the Ruger LC9 line and use ProMag extended 10 found magazines. That will give you the 10 rounds you want in a very slim package.
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are willing to think about an older gun, you might look at a Beretta 9000. 12 rounds in 9mm and can use the 15 round mags for a 92 with a spacer. I don't carry but I have had good accuracy at the range.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several come to mind...Glock 26, S&W M&P 9c, Glock 19 is the world leading all time favorite.

Several others from Walther, HK(P30SK..really nice full featured. The older S&W 6906, Ruger P-95, SR9C, CZ, FN, and many, many more.

If you can stand a good single stack, there is the S&W Shield...the 9 holds 8 rounds standard capacity, and the 45 holds 7. The 45 has very little more recoil than the 9, and virtually the same size, just 3/16" longer.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

As stated before , several may come to mind ?

In my opinion : as a firearms instructor / gunsmith and a 'carry person' :

I think the keltec is the best buy for a reasonably really good carry item , I do like the Glock 43 , Ruger LC9 , Glock 26 ( a lil bulkier ), its a matter of personal preferance !!! and for some : Price ???

Good Luck !!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spider-I have the XD-9. It's an excellent firearm. Just one of those things I guess! For the life of me just can't get comfortable with it. Sorta of like some women in my younger days[:(!]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    Spider-I have the XD-9. It's an excellent firearm. Just one of those things I guess! For the life of me just can't get comfortable with it. Sorta of like some women in my younger days[:(!]

I carry mine in a Galco M7X Matrix. I often forget I even have it on.

MATRIXM9_b.jpg
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only 8 rounds, but I love the feel of my Honor Guard.