In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help please stop ?

Big TwinBig Twin Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
Ok now I am confused I have read that some Rem 870 stocks will fit the 1100 an some say they will not. Does anyone know if this set made for the 870 WILL fit my 1100 build?

Pro Mag Archangel Tactical

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Hoosier told you previously. The 1100 has a tube extending back into the stock, from the rear portion of the receiver. If this Archangel 870 stock, doesn't have a hole for this tube. It won't work.

Best thing to do is to contact the Archangel company, to see if their stock can be altered to work with the 1100.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By looking at the picture I'd say it will not. The tube coming out of the 1100 receiver that contains the recoil spring for the bolt to operate comes out at a downward angle that matches the drop in the butt stock at the heel. I'd guess that the drop at the heel is about 2 1/2 inches or so, and that stock looks like it is pretty straight.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would work on the older Rem 878, the recoil spring was in the mag tube. Elite Tactical Advantage builds an 1100 with a collapsible stock, but I don't think they sell parts.
    http://www.elitetacticaladvantage.com/products/shotguns/devastator/devastator.html
  • Options
    Big TwinBig Twin Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I decided too much grief just not enough options for the 1100 only reason I wanted to use it is it is just collecting dust. Decided to go with an 870 Express sitting in the back of the safe....besides less chance of a jam or ejection issue. Thanks anyway