In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTB: Builder of a Lanchester or MP-28 SMG

GeneStonerGeneStoner Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
I have a Lanchester SMG dummy gun that I'd like to have built into a semi-auto SBR. I have most of the parts necessary from an MP-28 (same gun) to piece it together with.

Anyone out there done this work before successfully and reliably? If so, how much for your services? Pix?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going to be a very expensive project. As a whole new receiver will have to be fabricated. Also because of the NFA regs, the internal mechanism can not be of "open bolt" type mechanism similar to the original.

With the going hourly rate of a pro gunsmith, that would be required to make receiver and internals from scratch. Spendy project.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think what you are asking to do, is on the wrong side of lawful manufacture. More than that, advertising on this forum is frowned upon, by the powers that be. There is in the forums list, a forum that is just for wanted items/services.

Best
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I've seen several Lancaster display guns (AKA dummy). IMI sells them, or at least they used to. The parts you currently have are essentially worthless for the build. As rufe-snow already mentioned, You would need, at the minimum, a purpose built semi auto receiver which is not capable of accepting any full auto internal parts. Because new production open bolt guns have been disallowed by the BATF for about 35 years, the receiver must also be designed so that the weapon fires from a closed bolt.

There are purpose built semi auto STENs out there, so you might look for one of those.
  • Options
    GeneStonerGeneStoner Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uhm, Ok.

Your answers were not to my question. Try again please...

"Anyone out there done this work before successfully and reliably? If so, how much for your services? Pix?"
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GeneStoner
    Uhm, Ok.

Your answers were not to my question. Try again please...

"Anyone out there done this work before successfully and reliably? If so, how much for your services? Pix?"

That question cannot be answered here because our posting guidelines, which you were supposed to have read before joining the forum, clearly prohibit advertisements for products, services, or any related web sites.

If you are looking to hire the service of a gunsmith, this is not the place to advertise for it.
  • Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is probably easier to collect the necessary parts and do it yourself. In principle it is not greatly different from other SMG to semi auto conversions. Guns like the STEN, Suomi M31, BAR M918, Sterling, Thompson, M60 M1919, M2HB Cal..50 have all been redone as semi autos. There are some standard features liked (required) by ATF. Guns should not accept full auto bolts, be hammer or striker fired and that's about it. You can search here on GunBroker for people selling various semi auto versions of SMG. Look and read closely to learn more.