In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Hbar Help

beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
I picked up this gun in a trade deal a while back and would like to have some info on it.It has a twenty inch barrel, fixed stock, Fixed carry handle. This is what is written on the side of the gun. Colt AR-15 A2 HBAR SPORTER Cal 223 the serial number is SP2159XX. can anyone please give me any info,like what's it worth? Is it a preban? I would be great full for any help.Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's "pre-ban", but that status is irrelevant unless you are selling it in the 1 or 2 states that still has restrictions on date manufactured. Yours was probably made in 1983.

Value would depend upon originality, condition, & accessories. You can check the GB completed listings to find the actual sale price of similar rifles.

Neal
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bad time to be selling a AR. Prices are in freefall. Seems everybody and his brother, are in the AR business nowadays. Never thought I'd see it, but entry level AR's, are selling for south of $500, nowadays. Things have got so wako, that AK's are selling for more than AR's.

Unless you can find a knowledgeable collector, who is willing to pay a substantial premium for the H-B. I would put it back in the safe. Things are bound to turn around sooner or later.