In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem1100 folding stock

Big TwinBig Twin Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for a folding stock for tactical build 1100. Will the 870 stock work cause I can not find the 1100

Comments

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Remington 1100 Action tub extends back out of the receiver about 4 inches. So you won't get a stock that will fold at the receiver.

Best bet is Ar-15 type collapsible stock by Mako or ATi stock for the 870 and Adapt it for the 1100.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Speedfeed combat stock and forearm on my defensive 1100. It is a standard length stock to allow for the recoil spring tube housing, but it has a pistol grip and recesses in the butt for 8 spare rounds. It works very well and is quite comfortable, even with slugs.
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SAGE International used to make a Sidewinder conversion for the 1100. That is the only way to make an 1100 or 1187 take a true folding stock. The recoil spring assembly comes out of the back of the receiver just like on an AR15 design, but at an angle of course.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Short answer to the original post...No, it will definitely not work.