In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Enfield number 4 mk2

10ring10ring Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Ask the Experts
Asking all Enfield collectors. I am looking at a 1955 Number.4 Mk 2 rifle that is supposedly an (Irish contract).Looking at it on line so I cannot actually handle the rifle. All pictures look good and the pic of the bore is great. My concern is all numbers match except the magazine that is not numbered. I have always seen numbers matching with the magazine numbered as well. Is this not a concern?

Comments

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    THE LATER SMLE'S DIDN'T HAVE NUMBERED MAGAZINES, PROBABLY FROM WW2 ON.
  • 10ring10ring Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Mike.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 10ring
    Asking all Enfield collectors. I am looking at a 1955 Number.4 Mk 2 rifle that is supposedly an (Irish contract). Looking at it on line so I cannot actually handle the rifle. All pictures look good and the pic of the bore is great. My concern is all numbers match except the magazine that is not numbered. I have always seen numbers matching with the magazine numbered as well. Is this not a concern?

I have a Fazakerley made 1955 No4 Mk2. Looks like they stamped the heck out of everything - stock, forend and upper wood, but not the magazine. Never really noticed before. Very blonde wood, bought it from a LGS about 10 years ago and it carries the CAI import mark on the barrel, just behind the muzzle.