In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guncrafter Industries 1911

MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
Anyone own a Guncrafter Industries 1911? If so how would you rate it against other semi-custom pistols like Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat...

Thanks,
Regards, MAALOX

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    156 views and no one has any info. Not sure if that is good or bad.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have no first hand knowledge of them I might suggest a member on this web site thaT I trust username FORGE MONKEY he builds 1911 pistol . I don't know how busy he is I had a BAER and was not impressed I have collected and shot match 1911 for over 40 years Built a few I also like the old school masters search on Giles There is a good one for sale with extended front sight here on GunBroker
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their website is very impressive. My assumption is that they are made in USA. I would call and talk to them and see what they offer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys. I wanted to pick up another 1911 and have been going back and forth between a Wilson Combat Professional and the "No Name commander" from Guncrafters. A dealer I have purchased from before sells the Guncrafter line and speaks highly of them. I was looking for some independent reviews on them.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the 1911 specific sites. Has on their forum, different boards for each major manufacturer. Don't know if Guncrafter Industries, would qualify? No harm going over there, and raising your question in their GD board, if not.

Sorry I can't give you the 1911 sites name. Last time I did that. One of the mods for whatever reason? Deleted the the sites name from my post.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maalox,

You might also wish to look at Fusion. Very high quality for the price. The proprietor is Bobby Serpa, who at one timed owned Dan Wesson, before he sold it to CZ. He actually developed the most excellent line of the early Dan Wesson 1911's, then started his own custom shop.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll let you know if I pick one up.
    Regards, MAALOX