In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of a Rem. 541-T?

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
Great curly maple stock, Leupold 6.5X20 target scope X40 Vari-XIII. 1995 maybe. REALLY in great shape. Any thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Off the top off my noodle with scope 1,100-1200
    Didn't know about the maple stocks ones. All I had were the regular walnut -
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    You could list it and find out exactly what someone would pay for it[:D]
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to get the max $$ out of it take the scope off of it and sell it with the bases. Selling a gun/scope combo robs the seller of good $$. I'd guess depending on the condition $750+. Someone will either not want to put the $$ out for a good scope, or they want a different range of magnification, a different reticle, a different brand, yada, yada, yada..

Trust me on this, experience has educated me, and my pocket book well...

Also, don't list the gun with the scope on it w/o the scope being part of the deal. Some people get pretty bent about that because even though they know the scope is not part of the deal, it's on there in the pics and it really messes them up....

Good luck if you sell it..

Todd
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    If you want to get the max $$ out of it take the scope off of it and sell it with the bases. Selling a gun/scope combo robs the seller of good $$. I'd guess depending on the condition $750+. Someone will either not want to put the $$ out for a good scope, or they want a different range of magnification, a different reticle, a different brand, yada, yada, yada..

Trust me on this, experience has educated me, and my pocket book well...

Also, don't list the gun with the scope on it w/o the scope being part of the deal. Some people get pretty bent about that because even though they know the scope is not part of the deal, it's on there in the pics and it really messes them up....

Good luck if you sell it..

Todd

Good advice, BUT you are hurting me as a buyer giving him that good advice.[;)]

I get really interested as a buyer when I see a gun with a real good scope attached and I can buy the combo and get one for free as compared to buying them separated.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Toad has it right about the scope attached or not. IF you sell it without the scope, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, show it with the Leupold. I QUICKLY turn off ANY auction that shows the scope then last sentence , SCOPE NOT INCLUDED. I WILL not bid on it, no matter.
    But, man that is a sweet setup with the Pod on it..Great combo.