In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

L.E. ???

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
OK :

Started my new job this week !

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=690205

Its great !

Ive been out of this loop for apx. 3 years now : Where do you guys buy your equiptment & supplies ??? Best prices ? Customer service ? ect. ,,,
Uniforms & Supplies , badges , misc. goodies ?????

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Don't your employer provide these items???
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a large supplier I deal with that has an excellent selection, very competitive prices, fast delivery and a great return policy. I'm not sure if forum rules allow posting the name here. You can contact me via email just use the address under my contact info.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Yes employer supplies SOME items , as a normal cop : I always want / need more ....

Chris : you have email :

Thanks !!!

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on what state your in your agency must supply items that are considered "safety equipment" such as ballistic vests, helmets, guns & ammo. Of course badges are issued upon swearing-in. Other items they may have you buy and get reimbursed for. For motor officers my dept provides helmets, glasses, gloves, boots & motor britches.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    My, my, how times change!

In my early days in the business, I bought uniforms, badges, name tags, collar brass, a hat, boots, duty belt, holster, speedloaders & case, handcuffs & case, body armor, service revolver, and ammo. Added all up, it's an impressive outlay of cash.

As time progressed, it got to the point that the only thing an officer had on that was his own was his underwear and socks.

In truth, I preferred buying my own stuff. I chose good equipment and took care of it.

If I were to need police equipment today, I might call upon GT Distributors. They have stores in Austin and Dallas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thanks to all for answers !

Yes : Nunn , Im going to make a trip down to GT's soon , they are in Ga. just south of me ......

Just looking @ other options ......

Thanks !!!

• Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Galls, see their catalog at local sheriff office.