In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chinese type 53 Nagant

Fazer1Fazer1 Member Posts: 332
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
I have a 53 Carbine. 1960, 26 in a triangle. I got it in 68-70 from the guy next door. Vietnam bring back. Sorry no papers, didn't seem important at the time.

Any way, is there any value to it, I know it won't be much. It has just been sitting around here all these years.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The are plenty of Type 53s listed in the auctions, and most are in the $200-$250 range. With the release papers you'd have a $400 rifle and collector interest. Without the papers it might be worth fifty bucks more than an import marked example in the same condition.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Condition and matching number(s), is the greatest factor for a Chinese M-N's.

For some reason most are trashed, as compared to the Eastern European, type 44's.

If your bring back is in V.G. or better condition, with matching numbers. There would be substantial collector interest. Much more than for a common date Russian Type 44.
  • Options
    Fazer1Fazer1 Member Posts: 332
    edited November -1
    The bolt and receiver numbers match. The blue is in good shape, the stock no gouges or anything looks good, but the finish is worn on carry points.