In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Raven MP 25 How do i take it apart

wellbe1wellbe1 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
i can not get the thing apart.

Comments

• lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Insure the chamber is empty. Dry fire the weapon. Remover the magazine. Now without pulling back on the slide, push in, with the point of a pen, the very back of the slide.If you look at the back of the slide you'll see a rounded area with a strut going down. I'm talking about the firing pin retaining cap. Once you've fired the pistol, you'll see a small hole in the center. Put the point of the pen in there. Push forward while pulling upward on the rear of the slide. Be very careful not to let the firing pin assembly fly across the room. Once you've angled up the rear of the slide, allow it to move forward, off the gun. All the while making sure you do not let the assembly shoot across the room. Once you have the slide off the gun, allow the firing pin assembly to carefully come out the back. Mahe sure to note in what order every thing was in. Clean as needed. Reassemble in reverse order, again being careful not to loose the firing pin, spring, an retainer. Bring the slide back and then down with the retainer going into the channel. Once assembled check for completeness by pulling back the slide. The firing pin should fill the small hole in the center of the retainer, when the gun is cocked.
  • FourFortyFourFourFortyFour Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PUSH IN ON THE PLUNGER AT THE REAR OF THE SLIDE WITH A PENCIL ERASER OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, WHILE LIFTING THE REAR OF THE SLIDE ....THEN PULL THE ASSEMBLY FORWARD OFF THE FRAME. WATCH FOR THE ORIENTATION OF LOOSE PARTS. THEN SMASH EVERYTHING WITH A MALLET AND DISCARD.(JUST KIDDING)Oops...Irarmsx got there first...follow his procedure, its correct. [This message has been edited by FourFortyFour (edited 09-07-2001).]
  • wellbe1wellbe1 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks worked great, now i can buy some parts. know of a good place to get parts?? for this and other guns?
  • 74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some parts for the raven 25 acp.mrguns@westriv.com
    "In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"