In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping shotgun set-heavy!

plumqikplumqik Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Can someone advise the best (perhaps only legal??)way to ship a shotgun set? This entire set with case is well over 30 lbs. I need to ship this to auction winner (know he'll need FFL) but want to ship securely and best way possible for the gun & buyer. Don't know yet where it is to ship to but want to avoid freaking out shipping company but I would imagine they would require notification that it is a firearm~any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF YOU ARE NOT A FFL HOLDER. UPS AND FEDEX WILL BOTH DO THE JOB FOR YOU. JUST BE SURE AND BUY PLENTY OF INSURANCE. THEY WILL TAKE SHIPMENTS UP TO 150 LBS. I SHIP ALMOST EVERY DAY. THE KEY IS PLENTY OF INSURANCE. JUST SETTLED A CLAIN WITH UPS TOOK 5 MONTHS BUT I DID GET MY MONEY.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best and cheapest way is Priority US Postal Service. It will get there in like 3 to 5 business days, and will probably cost less than UPS Ground. I ship everything that way. You can get on there website and determine the cost of the shipping online at www.usps.com
  • Options
    bbq05bbq05 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is shipping, and then there is insurance. I have found Priority Mail to be cheapest and fastest. But the USPS insurance is very high, especially after you hit $1000 plus. Just my $.02.