In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sportsman 58 TB

flyfshrguyflyfshrguy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Currently own a sportsman 58 TB in great condition. Beautiful wood and hand crafted checkering. Looking for value as I can't find this model listed anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May I make the assumption that this is a Remington model 58 Sportsman shotgun? If so, it is a plain barrel or vent-rib barrel and what gauge? In quail/snipe country, a 20 gauge commands a premium over 12 or 16 gauge.
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington nomenclature is pretty straightforward. That would be a Trap Gun, with B-grade wood and checkering. Immediate predecessor to the 1100 TB Trap.The gun should be a 12ga, with 30" Vent-Rib barrel, full choke. May or may not have a Monte Carlo stock.In excellent condition, $350 - $400.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the Remington lesson "DOC". In the show circuit I attend, I don't see "fancy" machines very often. I have seen model 58 Sportsmans but not anything like this.Here it would be considered an expensive shotgun that would stay in the truck except for days when the doves are flying 40 ax-handles high.