In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hello looking for hi val 2 gunpowder

vaughn99vaughn99 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
hello all this powder is old like 1940's and shoot awsome reloads in my k98 8mm mauser and my dad is looking for some more he is all out. know of a place i can get somevaughn

Comments

• Options
    georgewxxxgeorgewxxx Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 60's Hercules replaced Hi-vel with reloader#7. You may find a can or two of Hi-vel at some gun shows occasionaly, but most dealer's sold their last cans in the early 70's. As with anything discontinued, it becomes collectable,and there are people that pay for just an empty can of gunpowder...Geo.
    Man is naturally an animal of pray, and however changed by civilization will readily relapse into his instinct for distruction!
  • Options
    roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a can of it but I have no idea how I would ever get it to you. If you or someone you know is passing through Northern CO on I-25, stop and we can deal. It is nearly full and still appears to be in excellent condition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i thank you very much for your information georgewxxxx if you have used these two my dad is wondering do they both burn at the same rate or speed i am not a reloader and hope i am asking correct question.vaughn
  • Options
    edited November -1
    roysha if so i dont know any one in Colorado but for a fair price i would send a money order to u and u can ship it to me if this is possible. let me knowvaughn
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My favorite load in my Pre-64 Model 70 .220 Swift was 38 grains of Hi-Vel #2 and a 55 grain Sierra. No throat erosion that I can see. Alas, all good things must come to an end.