In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hipoint 9mm Carbine*New & No Reserve*

jay bluejay blue Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Can I get some info from anyone who has one of these Hipoint 9mm carbines,like are theytrash and not worth buying. Are they like the SKS's, where if you own one, another is nice to have in reserve.

Comments

• AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crap. You can dress 'em up, shine 'em up, whatever, but they're still crap.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have very little use for semi-auto firearms. However, I have had four of these in the shop and on the range during the past month and have seen nothing wrong with the way they function and accuracy is on par with any 9mm pistol cartridge gun I have ever fired including an Uzi. Short money for another of those firearms that seem to do nothing wrong.
  • fredt.garvinfredt.garvin Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A buddy of mine has one. We shot several rounds last weekend. A good plinker and small game getter. For around 150.00 bucks not a bed deal.
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot one, the trigger pull really sucked, it kicked amazingly hard for a 9mm, and the heat-shield flew off. Did I mentioned that it jammed up. I don't know if it was just my buddies or what, but I would be affriad to shoot one again, don't know if it would blow up in my hand and kill me or what. They are real junk in my opinion. An SKS is like a Kregoff compared to it.
  • At_The_GatesAt_The_Gates Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DEar Friend: I bought a hi point 9mm carbine about 2 yrs ago. I my honest opinion it is a great carbine. Its very accurate and light. The looks are not important. I only had jamming problems when i use wolf 9mm ammo. After that its not bad for the price. I bought it with laser, muzzlebrake, scope and sling for 200.00...NIB. I can't complaint about it i even bought 5 more clips for it. Girls love these gun. I take my girlfriend and her friends and from all the guns that i have the hi-point it their favorite choice. Personal opinion....buy it! Good plinker and very accurate i guarantee you that.These is a personal opinion based on my experience with these gun.Hope it helped!!
  • duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give the Marlin Camp 9 a look, if you can find one. Awesome little semi-auto carbine that takes any S&W model 59 magazines! So all the hi-caps floating around, you can take advantage of. The gun itself is very accurate for it's type and spits out anything you put in, including the inexpensive Wolf brand ammo. Marlin stopped making them a while back and prices of the ones floating around are going up. This was the first gun I ever bought and still consider it my favorite. When I bought it two years ago, I was also considering the Hi-point. It was the very beg. of Jan. '00 and I was actually set to buy when the assault weapon ban of '00 kicked in in CA. Any semi-auto with a pistol grip became illegal. The shop down the street that had the gun for sale a week earlier at the end of Dec. '99 could not sell it now that it was Jan. '00. Tough luck for me, I thought. I "settled for" the Marlin and the rest is history.
  • jay bluejay blue Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your ideas,opinions and experiences-I do appreciate them.