In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Diamondback

DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I inherited a pristeen 22 cal diamondback with a 6 inch barrel from my dad and I was wondering what it would be worth. I doubt it's had 100 rounds thru it. Any thoughts?

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What should I expect to pay for a 6" Colt Diamondback .22 or .38 in 90 to 95 condition?

Thanks
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if Colt will refinish these revolvers?
    edited November -1
    Thinking of selling my Colt Diamondback 38 Cal. My Dad passed away recently and I acquired his S&W, so I don't need two guns. I would rather keep his so I would consider selling the Colt - But I have no idea what price it would bring. Purchased in 1976, registered in NY State (Yates Co.) and fired twice (2) Any ideas?
    edited November -1
    Hello my question is when did colt quite using the two piece top lift off brown for the Diamondback? Was it a year cut off and or serial number?
    celse
    edited November -1
    I have a colt DiamondBack Blue, 6 inch , In mint shape,snR47829 if this helps. Looking for value of gun. Do they still make this gun if not when did they stop. Thank you for your help
    edited November -1
    Anybody want to share a review from past experience? Pros? Cons? (.22)
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Like most items it depends on the shape it is in. Is it blued? Does it have a 4 or 6 inch barrel? I have seen them go for a s little as $400.00 and as high as $850.00.
    edited November -1
    It is Blue and haas a 4" Barrel. Great shape - stored in my Gun Cabinet since day one - never out of the house except for that one time. (Raccoon on the roof) :-)
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WITH BOX AND PAPERS ABOUT $450.00 . WHY DON'T YOU LIST THE GUN ON THE AUCTION AND YOU WILL FIND OUT WHAT IT WILL BRING?? GOOD LUCK, JOHN
  • l-girll-girl Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with SaxonPig. Regardless of the sentimental value, that Diamondback will always increase in value given its condition.Unless you really, really, really need the money, just lock it away in a safe place.I would love to have my dad's Model 1911 that was his father's, but it was stolen. Once it's gone, it's gone.Best regards,
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Dave: Forgive me for sticking my two cents in, but I must agree with the others who have wisely advised you to keep it if you can. Guns are getting harder to come by nowadays, why get rid of what others can't even own?My deepest condolences on your loss.
    Guns don't kill people, it's the bullets.. stupidI am the NRAnjretcop@keepandbeararms.com[This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 09-07-2001).]
  • fxdwg98fxdwg98 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't get rid of it either.
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. Every gun I have ever sold I have regretted. Unless you absolutely need to, I will never sell another gun, even my duplicates.
  • muwapemuwape Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree!I got my dad's 22 cal diamondback when he passed and it's locked up waiting for my son to get a little older. I could get $500-600 for it now, so wonder what it will be worth in 10 years or so.