In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feedback on Ruger 10/22

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Well since the Remington isn't turning out to be so great, I'm leaning even more to the Ruger 10/22. Please let me know how this gun performs, is it scope friendly, etc.-Marcus

Comments

• Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as far as the 10/22 goes....it is the god of semiauto .22lr rifles. Its cheap, very accurate and scope friendly, and there are tons of accessories out there to change it to your liking. Its very simple design makes it very appealing. You can have the basic design, Target rifle, plinker, assult .22, prarie dog hunter....whatever your choosing.I would take it hands down over a remington.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every shooter should have one in their collection. 10/22's are the standard for .22 semi-auto's. Lots of accessories, a must have for any plinker.
  • Options
    rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i put about 10000 rounds through mine and cleaned it 3 times in 30 years. have a tasco scope on it works great. at 50 yards it still shoots out the center of the target
  • Options
    landislandis Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I don't know, I wore the thing out, and have since bought larger bore Ruger products, but I don't think you can go wrong with the 10/22. The best of the semi auto .22's. They don't come any better in my humble opinion, and very scope friendly. Accruate as well, for a semi-auto. Ruger is the largest manufacturer of firearms for a reason, they know how to make a gun. I love the brand. I have been dissapointed with the competition, wheather Chinese or Winchester. I have not been disapointed with a Ruger yet...
  • Options
    in2b8uin2b8u Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a few 10 22's, excellent gun, lots of fun to shoot and customize. Well worth the price, or scout for one in the pawn shops and build your own. You won't be sorry.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective.
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gravedigger,Buy one. I've had one for years and never had a problem and it has not had the care it deserves. I bought another one last year in .22wmr and put a good scope on it. So far it is just as good as my old 10/22 in lr with alot more horse power. Plenty accurate for most things. Kinda expensive to shoot but what the heck. On sale, $6.50 buys 50 rds. I have several 22 lr in auto, lever action and bolt but the 10/22 is by far my favorite.Good luck, Robin
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...after all these replies, I guess theres not much more that I can add to it. Simply, it us a very reliable rifle and you cant go wrong with it. For the past decade, I have ignored these "carbines" and have always criticized the craze that people tend to get from owning one. About two months ago, I was at a huge gun show and got the itch finally get one. Shouldve done this a long time ago...ammo is cheap, parts are cheap!From a personal opinion...dont wait a decade like me before you get one (by that time, the CA National Guard will be holstering BB guns, if not slingshots).-Smooth
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I got here too late for this one so all I'll add is DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!