In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mauser M48A ramp sight removal advice?

billirwinbillirwin Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Just picked up a Yugo Mauser in cherry condition. I have a Square B scope mount on the way in which requires the removal of the rear (ramp) sight. I can get the single screw out ok, but nothing budges from there. What am I missing? Where can I get a shop manual (English?) for this beast.TIABill
Fear the Government that fears it's citizens

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Never Mind. I got it.
  • Options
    duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill, I'm having the same problem. How did you get it off? Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You'll need a small (1/16") drift pin. At the hinge of the ramp sight, drive the pin through. When the pin is out, press down on the ramp sight. There is a spring below the ramp sight that you need to compress. When the spring is compressed, pull the ramp back toward the butt end. The ramp is in a slot. Once you clear the slot, the ramp will be free in your hand. The spring cam be removed by sliding it forward. Good luck.
  • Options
    duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bill,Thanks for the info. Have you gotten your mount yet? Please let me know how it is. I'm interested in getting one myself. I've heard that they are pretty solid. What kinds of scopes are you considering? Pistol? Red dot? Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm traveling this week (unfortunately). I should have the mount when I get home on Friday (I hope). The B Square mount is supposed to be the best. I'm not yet certain on the scope, I'm trying to fine something stronger than a 4x in LER. Most pistol scopes are 2x or 2.5x. The trick is the LER.BillFunny, I never knew that the FAA had the authority to ground all civilian flights.