In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

leeblackman

Larry BrownLarry Brown Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hi Lee,

Email me at jeyerman@tfb.com. I tried the email on your website and got an error message.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, if you want to try a great load in your m-14, go for 168 sierra, 48gr H-380, winchester case, & mag or BR primer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could you explain DSA FAL? Would you advise buying a rifle from the internet auction? I'm looking at a Remington 700 VLS in a .260. Thanks for the advise. Larry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw your response on the gun bluing topic here.What companies offer that hard chrome finish?What is the cost?

Eric S. Williams
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DSA, inc. (847)277-7258 They manufacture FN FAL/STG-58 type rifles in many different variations and models. The FAL is a military weapon used by NATO countries when the NATO standard cartridge was the 7.62x51mm. I is by many to be considered the ultimate in assalt rifles.Yes, I would advise buying a rifle over the internet. I would however advise researching the product and its prices. One of the most valuable resources I've found is the "Shotgun News" magazine. That and a Blue Book of gun values. I've found that Gun Bibles, and Gun Digest only show advertised retail costs (useless), and the Gun Collectors Guide's just don't seem to be very accurate. If your looking into buying a good bolt rifle there are many maufacturers of good rifles. Some specific one's I'm fond of are the Remington's PSS rifle, Savage Tactical, and the Ruger 77VT MKII. Go to Wal-mart and get a Shooter's Bible. It has alot of rifle's shown, however the prices aren't accurate, and neither is the cartridge type availability. But its a good resource for rifle brands and models.