In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thanks to all

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Thanks to all who replied to my post about a proper s/d revolver. I will be looking for a good 38sp / 357 to use the 38sp ammo. Also found a nich to using the 12 ga. pump (pawn shop under $50) and some low brass 8 shot. not the best load in the world, but better than nothing as it will hurt them more than it will hurt me. At least until I decide on the right revolver frame for me.
Again Thank you all very much. Great info!!
off to brows the auction offerings :)

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my Ruger post. I'm going to get a 10/22 for sure. I think I'll save my money and get a couple of hi-cap magazines instead of a scope, for now anyway. Any experience on which manufacturers work better than other would be appreciated. Thanks again to all who responded.-Marcus
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 5 Butler Creek 25 round mags and they work great ... I kicked my self for more than a few days when I paid $18 each for them ... now I kick myself for not buying more ...
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ahh.......magazines! Buttler Creek makes them really well. If you want something cheap, get some EAGLE 10rd mags (2/$10) but the drawback from these is that sometimes they just dont feed very well especially when they are dirty. Other than that, the factory 10rd clips work okay. BTW, if youre getting a 10/22, dont forget the one handed bolt release assembly (or you can always dremel your OEM assembly yourself and save some $$) EBAY has a ton of them being auctioned.good hunting-Smooth
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mitchel seem to be the best, but the are also the highest. Try to find ones with metal lips instead of plastic. I have 5 ramline with the red followers and they work ok. BUt remimber your looking at over $50 each for 20rnd, and don't even bother looking for the 50 rnders ( I've seen them sell for over $150)
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    are you guys serious? 20, 30, & 50 round mags are selling for as much as the 10/22 cost? I have several 50 rounders and about 10 30 rounders, bought em when they were dirt cheap. maybe I'll sell em and buy a new gun with the proceeds.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    biganimal,If you are interested in selling those magazines outright, I may be interested in a couple of 30-rounders.-Marcus
  • Options
    smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Big, Same here, in case you want to get rid of them at a reasonable price, let me know.Reggiemythos552@yahoo.com