In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mauser trigger

1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
How does one convert a 2 stage mitary mauser trigger to single stage? Does any one make pin on type muzzel brake for the mausers?Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The ButcherThe Butcher Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it were me, I'd buy a replacement Timney. Can be had cheap enough, and is safe,adjustable, without worry of an accidental discharge.
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    replace it with a timney.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a gun smith take my 2 stage to its limit and it was not safe. The gun would not always fire when the trigger was pulled, then when you would open the bolt the gun fired. Very dangerous situation. He was a good smith and was trying to make me happy by lightening it and taking up the creep. After 2 attempts it wasn't good enough, the 3rd was too much and was when the problems started. I took it back had him order a Timney then installed it myself. The Timney is set at around 4lbs, has no creep and is very nice for a hunting rifle. Don't waste your time, get a Timney.