In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mauser ammo

1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Can you guys tell me what ammo a K98, German Mountain carbine and a Persian mauser take? Are they the same? I've done some homework and I see 7mm Mauser, 792x57 loads but also see 8mm? Are they one on the same? Also, what do you guys recommend for some cheaper Target loads?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever use the 7x57mm Mauser, Sellier & Bellot, 140 Grain Full Metal Jacket, 8mm Mauser BVAC PSP 175 Grain or Prvi Partizan PPU 8mm Mauser FMJ 198grn 20rd Box ? Trying to find some cheap plinking ammo.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a mauser in 8mm, and was thinking of getting one in 7mm, but has all the 7mm dried up? Or am I just blind? And does the argintine mauser shoot is own ammo, or is it 7mm mauser too. If not is there ammo for it. Thanks for your time guys! Plus does anyone make a muzzle brake for the mausers, that turk sure does kick.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where would I get 8mm ammo that isnt corrosive for a good price? thanks
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best thing I've found to tame the kick is the Pachmyer large slipover recoil pad ... good shooting ...
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The argentine mauser shoot the 7.65X54mm round, generally refered to as the 7.65 argentine rd, yes, 7mm is not easy to find in surplus, check the auctions for some
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check Aim, at aimsurplus.com. They had 7mm Mauser surplus ammo listed pretty cheap last week. Expect it to be corrosive, but probably reliable.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    7.65 Mauser is quite available in surplus from Argentina, mainly in 15 round boxes. It is late manufacutre, berdan primed, non corrosive; be warned though, I haven't had much accuracy with it in 91 rifles, as it is spitzer ammo and they were designed for round nose. It works fine, though, and is accurate in 09 rifles.Commercial ammo is available in all caliberts, but 8mm and 7mm are far easier to find than 7.65. You might want to pick up an entry reloading kit from Lee. Minimal cost, pays for itself versus a few boxes of commercial ammo.
    Wenn alles richtig ist, dann stimmt 'was nicht. -Nena (When everything is going right, something is bound to be wrong.)
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 220 rounds of 8MM and 190 rounds of 7MM plus two stripper clips.If interested, you can e-mail me at WWllVet@outdrs.net.Bob