In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

glock mag question

post6440post6440 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hello all! I have a simple question...( I am a little ashamed to ask.)

I have a Glock 19 and I was told that the Glock 17 mag's will fit into my Glock 19. Let me know cause I plan on getting some mags this week!

Comments

• Options
    post6440post6440 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all replys. It was easy after the explanations.[This message has been edited by post6440 (edited 09-17-2001).]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,019 ******
    edited November -1
    The really old ones don't have a hole. Just push the tightly fitting floor plate forward.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator and Supreme Ruler of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    GHSGHS Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From a Glock Armorer....For a mag with the pin in the base, hold mag upside down, push a longer pin punch into the hole and into the magazine. The "pin" in the hole is part of a internal plate. You will be pushing the plate out of the way. A small screwdriver works for this, but keep in mind that the entire Glock Armorers kit is a punch with a handle attached. Used to be $2.00 from Glock. With the punch in the mag, use it to force the floor plate off of the mag. If you are careful, you won't even scratch the "pin" area that shows through the hole. You will notice two "bumps" on the side of the magazine body that mate with the floor plate when it is fully seated. With new mags, the above method opens tha mag up. With older mags there is no hole, and you have no leverage to push off the floor plate. A small "C" clamp works well to squeeze the mag body making it easy to push off the floor plate. By the way, why do you need to change the spring and follower?