In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sako Deluxe 30-06

ICE NINEICE NINE Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I came across a new Sako Deluxe in 30-06, and it is one of the most beautiful guns I have ever seen. I'm trying to talk myself into parting with that much money. Does anyone have any comments/experience with these rifles? I have heard they are excellent quality - is this accurate? Any idea what average price is on a new one?Thanks....

Comments

• AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There have been several Sako "Deluxe" rifles... are you talking about the current production Sako 75 Deluxe, or one of the discontinued A-III models?
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • ICE NINEICE NINE Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is the 75 Deluxe
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are top quality, and top dollar. Expect to pay (retail) $1300 - $1500 for a 75 Deluxe.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • UmpimahkenUmpimahken Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having toured the Sako factory, I can tell you that the gun is all machined and forged, or when I was there they were. May have changed in the last couple of years, but I doubt it. High quality. It is a matter of pride to the Finns that every thing they do is of superior quality.
  • DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Sako Model 75 SS in 300 Ultra Mag a few months ago. I've put 3 boxes of shells through it and it's awesome. It has absolutely lived up to all my expectations and I wouldn't hesitate to drop that kind of money again. The "deluxe" models are very pretty, as you mentioned. I guess all I can say with my limited experience is that if you decide to go with a Sako Model 75, you won't be disappointed. I'm not. No more excuses for this guy.
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Anyone know if they make a heavy target model?
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!