In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ak-47 Norinco Hunter

Buck ShottBuck Shott Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyoneI have recently come in possesion of a Norinco Ak-47 hunter. I have been able to find very little out about this particular rifle. But i read an article by richard gould which mentioned them. It said that they could not use hi-cap magazines, but fit in it. Though i have not tried them yet with the gun. It has a conventional fixed wood stock somewhat like an sks style sock only checkered. It has a unique gas system unlike the AK or Sks. It has a rather long barrel about 19 inches or so, the magazine catch is like that of an SKS, Oddly it has a two legged sight one is for 100m and the 300m.Anyway i was wondering if anyone new anything more about it and its value. i paid only 200$ for it, which is about what an sks is going for so i figured it was a good deal.thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got a good deal...the last valuation I say was around $300-$350. They were imported shortly before Brady went into effect and I have not seen them offered since. There were not a lot imported...and I dont know how much demand there is for a hunting style AK...I do know that they are pretty accurate with the proper ammo. Hope this helps. regards swede
    WyomingSwede
  • Options
    Buck ShottBuck Shott Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks swedeI appreciate the info.Ill let ya know how well it shoots once i try it out.Buck