In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Junk or Not Junk? What was the Question?

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
My Remington 597 broke a bolt guide rod and chewed up one of the buffer springs. Is this gun worth keeping? I hope this is an isolated incedent.
You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!

Comments

• Options
    gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was interested in getting a 597. At the advice of the guys at the Forum here, I was steered towards a Ruger 10/22. This just confirms their opinions, in my mind. Just out of curiosity how old/ used was the Remington?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I traded my 10/22 for it cause i coulnt get the accuracy I wanted. I wish I had that 10/22 right now. I did get it used and do not know what the previous owner did with it or how he treated it. It looked pretty new and was real clean so I got it thinking it was probably okay. Still don't think it should have broken so easy.
  • Options
    wiredogwiredog Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at the 597's before. it looked like a cheap rifle to me. still have my 10/22. no plan to get rid of it.
    I spent all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.wiredog70@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The more I hear it, the more I want to customize one of those Rugers! WOW! Look at all the available parts!
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!