In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1A scope

gunman100gunman100 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I am going to put a scope on my M1A.I found a used 6X Springfield scope in a shop locally for 350.00. Would yall think this would be a good scope for the rifle or should I put the money in another direction?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am interested in buying a scope for my Springfield M1A.Springfield sells a goverment model scope ( I can't recall off hand the specifics of the scope) for the M1A, but it seems a bit pricey at over $500.Any recomendations on a good affordable(under $200) scope for this rifle? Shooting would be at 100-300 yards.Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not get a Springfield,they are not quality.That is why they are giving them away on their promotion.Get a Burris or Leupold 3X9.Do get a good mount and rings.cpermd
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Springfield 4-14X56 2nd Generation Government Scope (made in Japan) ... belive me when I say for the money there are a lot better scopes avaiable ... Leupold Vari-X III jumps to mind! I had only shot maybe 200 rounds with my Springfield Government model and the elevation HOUSING came loose. I sent it in and they repaired it in about 3 weeks, but I've heard lots of other complaints/problems with them ... does Springfield make anything in the USA any more? Scopes in Japan, Pistols in Brazil, HK Clone in Greece ...If your not wanting to spend that much look around for a Vari-X II, lots of used ones around and even if there is something wrong with it Leupold's life time warrenty will take care of anything except phyical damage.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See if you can get a Lyman Alaskan commercial model. It would look and be authentic. They were also used in Korea.
  • Options
    drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    I have a BSA Contender held by an A.R.M.s mount Leopold QR rings. aprox 2000 rounds no problems.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the suggestions. One thing is quite clear.....SA scope is out of the question!It's a shame their scopes have such a reputation when they make such nice guns. Beside the M1A, I also have a full size Springfield 1911, and can't complain at all with it either.
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver (new) has been selling scopes at low $$$ to get some more business. Good deal.Burris will cost more, but worth it.Interested..?...E-mail jabsao@msn.com.
    Happy Bullet Holes!