In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

'JUMPIN' gun shows

burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
in the wake of terrorist attacks on Americans both civilian and military this week there are reports of increasing gun and ammo sales nationwide. i am going to a 600 table show this weekend. i believe sales will be brisk. i am curious, though, to observe what will be going on. will there be attempts at price gouging considering recent lackluster sales? how many anti's will change their tune and realize what we already know as the truth? will they truly change thru to the surface or will they secretly arm themselves and their loved ones as so many of them already do? it should be fun. i will buy something as i usually do and have fun with my fellow enthusiasts while observing and pondering this little 'slice' of Americana in the light of swelling patriotism and vast transition.>bob[This message has been edited by burn1bob (edited 09-14-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Truth is still out there..........."
    "In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    granny_knotgranny_knot Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to one outside of Balto, Md (Peoples Republik of), 400 tables. Ammo- .308 was sold out mid Sunday; 1 dealer sold 40,000 rnds of Wolf .223 alone. Lots of ammo cans sold, watched 1 guy buy 3 S&W semi 9mm and 2 .38 police trade-ins. It was very busy.
  • Options
    burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the one i went to was advertised as a 600 table show. there was only 300 tables at the most plus 1/3 of them were non gun related. that being said the show was packed all day long. people were buying ammo by the case and even saw a few two wheel carts hauling out ammo. there was a high number of couples, women, afro, hispanic and oriental buyers. no middle easterners. there was a lot of first time buyers. prices were no higher than usual as both sides of the table were trying to get the most for their money. not many dealers just sitting around at this show. havent seen anything like this since pre-y2k. there was plenty of private sales going on in the aisles of which i bought two. later i sold one for a $25 profit which covered my breakfast, gas, parking and admission. the one i kept is a pre-ban, pre-warning, 200th year mini-14 in pristine shape and the guy even threw in a ruger factory 20rnd mag for another $25. i jumped on it. had a great time and am looking forward to the next show in a couple weeks.>bob