In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shepherd scope

ForwardForward Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I bumped my Shepherd scope on a steering wheel and it went 4 foot out of zero costing me two easy shots at a black bear. Has anyone ever had similar problems with a Shepherd scope not being shock proof?Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were you using it to steer? Depending on where, and how it was "bumped" that can knock most any scope off. What part of the scope was "bumped"?Did you check the mounts & rings? Correctly?What kind of mount? Does the reticle(s) appear out of alignment. Remember that's one way to tell is a Shep's off.Please define shock 'proof'.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it were an internal scope problem it would have been immediately apparent since the reticles would no longer have been aligned. If you only saw one set of crosshairs when you looked through the scope, it was a mount problem.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com