In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Handloading Kicks *!!

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I just shot my first handloads and WOW, what a difference over factory loads! I can't wait to get the rest of my calibers loaded up!
You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!

Comments

• Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean,started reloading for my own .270 win. One inch groups for hunting loads, 3/4 inch for target loaded ammo. All of this out of a standard sporter weight rifle.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is amazing to see the difference in group size a half a grain or so of powder will make. I've got to load up a few 257 roberts for my daughters hunting rifle tomorrow, well make that today. Those nosler ballistic tips just keep punching cloverleaf groups.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I,m using Ballistic Silvertips. I sure do love these things. If I was to build a match bullet for my .308 Remington PSS, what should I use? Any suggestions?
    You can run, but you'll just die tired!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, RELOAD!
  • Options
    drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like the Sierra 168 Match HPBT in .308 Win. I shot a few through my Rem. Model 700 VS yesterday. It was a new load with Hodgdon's Varget powder and the rifle really seemed to like it.
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SP Tiger is has stated a fact! Sierra bullets win virtually "ALL" big time .30 cal competitions. Match King's for target, Game King's for hunting. I would suggest buying in bulk when you can afford it and you will save some money. RG[This message has been edited by rg666 (edited 09-17-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MatchKing you say? Hey looky there they are priced right! Going to give them a try.What about Barnes XLC for my .270win so I can hunt Whitetails?
    If you run, you'll just die tired!