In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sights

sdgsdg Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Help - I own a Taurus PT945 and it has a fixed rear sight. Does anyone make adjustable sights for this gun? If so, where can I get them?I've hear you can tap the rear sight to adjust right and left, but I'm not fond of this idea. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    If I'm looking for non-scope sights for old guns is there someone out there specifically to contact, (known for carrying such things)?
  • Options
    Mr. TimMr. Tim Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Brownells if they don't have them they could probably tell you who to call.Mr. Tim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope. Couldn't help me. Here was their reply....Dear Sir:Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We certainly do appreciateyour interest in Brownells.Unfortunately we do not offer any adjustable sights specifically for theTaurus 945 nor are we aware of sights for any other firearm that can beutilized in this handgun. I regret that we could not be of more assistancewith this handgun.Best regards,BROWNELLS, INC....Any other suggestions?Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    rwfixemrwfixem Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is where your gunsmith comes in. With some measurements there should be a rear sight that with modification will work just fine. This is where "custom" work comes in.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MMC used to make adjustable rear sights for alot of guns. Their big claim to fame was you didn't have to change the front sight as you were required with other rear sight conversions.I don't know if they are in business. In any event, it is very likely you will have to replace the front sight as well.