In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Derringer Copy

webleywebley Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a .22lr Derringer made in Germany by a firm called Falke. Never heard of it. What is it? I should add that it is well made and very solid.[This message has been edited by webley (edited 09-18-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the '60's low quality reproductions made in W. Germany were sold under the Hy Hunter and Great Western names. No one ever wanted to take credit for making them, but my guess is that they were made by Rohm. I never heard of the brand name gun that you have, but it may be the same gun.Neal
  • Options
    redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hate to disagree with nmeyers but take Great Western off the list of foreign made cheapos. GW mad a modernized version of the old Remington design in .38 S&W and .38 Spcl. The design featured a modern safety system and a stronger hinge that nevertheless did not resemble the ugly hump on more modern copies. Like the GW SAA clone, it was made in the USA, and both were well made guns. You will notice that GW deringers, on the rare occasions they are on auction, in good condition often bring a higher price than brand new modern deringers like Davis.redcedars