In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 17 or Heckler and Koch .45 Tactical

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
So Which gun is more accurate and reliable?

Comments

• Options
    albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the .45 tactical more accurate than a Glock 17? And in what other ways might the .45 tactical be better than a Glock 17?THANKS!!!
  • Options
    CudaCuda Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reliablilty?Both Glock and H&K are almost identical; I prefer H&K, others prefer Glock--which feels better in YOUR hand?Accuracy?I prefer H&K; I don't like Glock sights or grip angle--but what works for you?
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey! Hey! Hey! Are you paying attention here? Both possess better accuracy than you are capable of using; unless you are Olympic material. Both are reliable, although going over the opinions I think the Glock 21 gets the nod. A Glock 17 is not a Glock 21, is not a .45.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry but your comparing apples to oranges, 9mm to 45acp, a $450 gun to a $850 gun.I have a couple of 9mm's, a Beretta 92F and a Glock 17 for plinking, but for stopping power go with the .45 ... (why even mess with the middle of the river .40?)The HK Tactical has the "O-Ring" Barrel, which like the Socom locks-up tighter (which allows for better accuracy) ... accuracy goes to the HK hands down, but as stated before, unless you are an excelent shooter or shooting from a Ransom Rest, you wont realize it.As for reliablity, the HK looses a little because of tighter tollerances for accuracy ... compare a AK-47 and AR-15 ... sloppy bolt & chamber that fires every time or tighter specks that allows more presise shot placement ... apples and oranges ...
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 17 or Heckler and Koch .45 Tactical? ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.