In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock 17 or Heckler and Koch .45 Tactical

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
So Which gun is more accurate and reliable?

Comments

• albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the .45 tactical more accurate than a Glock 17? And in what other ways might the .45 tactical be better than a Glock 17?THANKS!!!
  • Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Tactical might be better than the 17 because it's a .45! But then, there is the Glock 21! All will fire better than the average shooter--none are target/match grade.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife carries a Glock 30 (.45) and a friend has a 21. I've fired 'em both and their both nice. My wife's hands are pretty small so she like the 30. My hands are like a bunch of bananas so the larger 21 fits me better. I carry a Commander lightweight that I've had for over 30 years. Wouldn't trade it for either Glock.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.[This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-14-2001).]
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • CudaCuda Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never having fired a G17, just a -19 and a -23, and also fired a HK USP .45T, the Tactical gave me better accuracy. Single-action "match" trigger, and target style sights (I really dislike the "dot-in-a-box" sights on Glocks), as well as the extended barrel, should give you better accuracy.And, you get get a real nice 4-prong flash supressor for the tactical. Fun, fun, fun...[This message has been edited by Cuda (edited 09-14-2001).]
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a USP and recently bought a Glock 31, I like the .357 sig, most accurate caliber I have ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I love H&K too! just a lot to handle quickly.
    Remember your only a subject if you don't become a citizen! Protect your rights VOTE!
  • henselhensel Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having worked an indoor shooting range for several years, I have fired most pistols on the market today including both that you are comparing. First, the G17 has more than adequate "combat" accuracy and, if my experience is typical of most peoples, the Glock has an advantage when it comes to reliability. They have an excellent warrantee and as a company they are unusually easy to deal with when it comes to upgrades and replacement parts.Now the HK USP 45 is also and excellent pistol and I beleive it has an edge over the G17 when it comes to accuracy. However, it holds less rounds in it's magazine and I have seen a couple extractor failures (where the extractor popped of the slide) in my time at the range. The HK also is not as simple to operate, which I find essential for a self-defense pistol.Maybe you should consider a Glock 21 in 45ACP. Of all the Glock pistols I have fired, I have found that the 21 is the most accurate in their line-up. It's accuracy is on par with the HK, and is absolutely reliable. It does have a fairly thick grip but I think that is it's only criticism. Keep in mind the 21 in 45acp is much more accurate than the 17 in 9mm.In closing, what you really need to do is find a range near you where you can rent all guns you are considering and run some rounds through them. Shoot whatever you enjoy most and are most accurate with.
  • smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to consider the size of the pistol which suits you best. The HK USP45 is a whole lot bulkier than a Glock 17. and although both these firearms have almost the same balance, the HK is undoubtedly heavier than the Glock. Dont purchase anything you have not yet fired several times. Just like buying a car...gee, would I buy that Vette or the Minivan???
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 17 or Heckler and Koch .45 Tactical? ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.