In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Heckler and Koch Mark 23

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
What makes the Heckler and Koch Mark 23 so expensive? why is it so special, and is a Glock 17 about the same performance wise in accuracy, and every thing else? Can someone tell me the differances, or pros and cons about the two guns, and which one is better and by how much?THANKS!!!

Comments

• Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one reason i believe is because the 23 has a threaded barrell to add "goodies" to the end of it. other then that i dont know.
  • Options
    CudaCuda Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Mk23 is basically the same pistol that the US SOCOM adopted for special forces use.The MK 23 is a LOT bigger and heavier than a G17, and is supposed to be a tack driver. As to it being worth the $1700(+) price tag...well, if I had that kind of cash to throw around on a firearm, I'd get a HK P7M13...I'd recommend a USP tactical, or just a straight USP over a Glock. But if you want to have the biggest, baddest, head-turner on the range...the Mk23 might be what you want.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock 17 or Heckler and Koch Mark 23? ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.