In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

model58 remington 12 ga.

lockroterlockroter Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Would like to know about this shotgun and its value.

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You haven't given me a awful lot to work with, but I will do the best I can. The Model 58 was the predecessor to the Model 1100. They were made from the middle 50's until the early 60's. Give or take a short snort there were over a quarter of a million of them made. They were available in 12, 16, and 20, with a variety of barrel lengths, plain and vent-rib barrels, and various chokes.Vent-rib barrels will command a premium over plain barrels, and where I am in quail/snipe country, 20 gauge will command a premium over 12 or 16 gauge. If you had a brand new one in the box in 20 gauge with a vent-rib, you could get about $350-375 for it. At the other end of the spectrum, it were a 20 gauge with vent-rib, but looked like it fell off the tail-gate of a moving truck a couple of times, then you might get $100-125. Yours is perhaps somewhere in between, depending on its overall condition.Be aware that in different parts of the country, there may be little interest in a particular firearm, and THERE it will have a low value. Somewhere else it may have a following and its price will be different in that local.
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About all I can add is that the Model 58 was made in a few different grades over the years... the base-model ADL, the BDL (select wood), then Grades A-F with F being Custom Shop. Of course, money goes up with grade.There was another auto shotgun before the 1100, a short-lived model called the 878 AutoMaster. Similar to the 58, even the barrels interchange.I'd agree with the above values for the base gun. I would buy vent-rib guns for resale, but plain barrel guns dont sell for squat.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com