In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee Loadmaster

ranahanranahan Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a Lee Loadmaster press that I quit using because I just got tired of fighting with the Priming system. I finalling went to priming all cases in a separte operation. I haven't loaded any ammo for some years now but am planning to set up my outfit again. Has anyone out there solved this problem or developed a practical on-press solution. The lee people were on the ball with operating tips and a free supply of flppers, guides and shuttles, but nothing that I hadn't tried in the past. I've used Lee products for 30 years and I'd hoped that by now they might have redesigned this flaw in this otherwise fine press.

Comments

• Options
    l-girll-girl Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used Lee progressive model 1000's for years with very little trouble. I have 3 of them, set up for different calibers that I shoot often. I bought a Loadmaster when it first came out and it was junk. The priming arms were cheap plastic that constantly jammed and shredded. The centrifugal force from the rotation of the shell plate would throw powder out of the cases. I sent the thing back twice in disgust. Finally, I told Lee to give me my money back. They continued to act like it was my problem. My advice is to stick with the 1000 unless you need to do rifle cartridges. If so, buy a Dillon instead.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is off of your subject, but I wanted to thank you for the cap&ball lesson. I left a new post and thank-you which has now sunk to the bottom of page 2 or the top of page 3. Again My Many Thanks.
  • Options
    ranahanranahan Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    l-girlThanks for the input. I figured as much. I got the same feeling from them. Seems strange they would keep this product in their line and not fix it after all these years when they make so much other good stuff. Some people just can't admit a mistake and just keep swimmin'in de-Nial. AdamsQuailHunter:Thanks for the fine complement. I'll save that one. I hadn't been back to check any more. When I was a kid, my dad was an Atlas test conductor at Cape Canaveral (1957-60). I rode horseback over most of the country from Merrit Island and Titusville to Orlando; throwing in with cowboys to work cattle whenever I came onto them (fairly often) and living off my .410 shotgun and the good graces of people along the way. Lots of fine bird hunting down there. Will always remember it fondly.ranahan[This message has been edited by ranahan (edited 09-19-2001).]