In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WHICH GLOCK SHOULD I BUY?

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have decided that I'm going to buy a Glock which one should I buy, Im looking for the one that has the best accuracy. Do SWAT TEAMS, or NAVY SEALS carry Glocks, and if thay do, what kind?THANK YOU!!!

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Most of the Special Ops teams cary modified H&K's. I do not know of any that cary a Glock modified or other wise. The Model 21 in .45acp is a large hand gun the Modes 23 in 40 s&w is very nice. The Model 19 in 9mm is the same size as the 23. It is a personal taste. My 2 cents.
  • compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of the different models of Glock pistol will YOU good accuracy, but YOU must do your part. I have customers who buy pistols and never shoot them, when they do, they claim the gun isn't accurate. I take to my outdoor range (I know, not everybody has one) and proceed to shoot their weapon w/ their ammo into a tight group (yes, every once and a while, it's the ammo). Every gun out there can be accurate, do YOU have the desire and resolve to train with it, try different ammo and practise - practise - practise.Buying a certain gun based upon what others tell you just isn't the way to go. Think of the performance of any gun like this - Shooter / Weapon / Ammunition if anyone is lacking, quess what the other two have to make up. Shortcut on two and you have an impossible task ahead.
  • 1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry the glock 22 for duty and the glock 27 off duty. I owned the glock 23 and sold it for the glock 27. The glock 27 with the pearce +1 extensions gives you a 10 round magazine plus one in the chamber. Extra magazines are small and easy to conceal. I carry 180 grain hydrashocks. Also I have meprolight sights. The felt recoil is much more noticeable in the glock 27 than the glock 22 or 23.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHICH GLOCK SHOULD I BUY? ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey dano! I see youve been stiring the pot again!If I haven't already told ya welcome back ... well, WELCOME BACK ya 'ole troublemaker!That reminds me of another reason to BUY KIMBER their made in New York ... help support their economy!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you posted 10 questions you owe it to yourself and others to buy one each of those plastic marvels.Surely they have ten different models.With all the calibers and sizes.Me,I'll just mutter along with my old,but reliable, manstopper 1911 Colt and let you young fellers figure it out.
  • Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm happy with my Glock 26. I carry it everyday... and with the Kramer Leather I keep it in... no one knows. I've fired thousands of rounds through it, and it's been very accurate and reliable.My opinion sides with what others are saying on this board... go with the gun that works best for you. Rent a bunch of them... see how they feel. See how they shoot.My favorite gun thus far is still my Sig 229. I've shot all kinds of guns next to it, and it's outdone some of the best made. If it were smaller... I'd carry it all the time.christian
  • BigTexBigTex Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found my G-20 to be extremely accurate, especially when I drop in the 6" barrel. The 10mm has power to spare as well.I carry it everyday in a Galco SOB with 15 rounds of Cor-Bon 135grn HP's. I Would not trade it for the world.Regards,BigTex