In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Which gun should I buy

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Which pistol should I buy that is accurate, reliable, and used by the military?THANKS!!

Comments

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Ours or their's?
    Guns don't kill people, it's the bullets, stupidI am the NRA, the KABA, the 2ampd..njretcop@copmail.com
  • albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    our military. The strongest in the history of the earth.
  • albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    our military. The strongest military, in the history of the earth.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig ... Shame on you!M1911 ... I'd say Colt, but I dont like to.If you want a The BEST M1911 STYLE ... Just one word ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sig Sauer. I have used both the Beretta and the Sig for the last 15 years. To me the Sig fits the hnd better, has lower felt recoil is smaller and easier to carry and is certainly more accurate. The 1911 is a great pistol but the single action is not for everyone. Try the Sig before you buy anything else and I bet you like it.
  • RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember, tho...there is another pistol in use by the U.S. Military (Special Operations) that blows the Beretta out of the water...the Heckler and Koch USP .45 cal.The Beretta is a piece of junk (I should know, I carry an issue piece) The parts are stamped metal, slide-to-frame fit is horrendous, etc. There's a reason the SpecOps guys chose the H&K, and that is cause they didn't want to be caught with an unreliable weapon like the Beretta.Go with the H&K.