In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

which Glocks are good for combat?

albatross007albatross007 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Which Glocks are good for combat situations? Would a Glock 21 be good?

Comments

• Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of them ...
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear the black plastic ones are pretty good!Seriously, what is your definition of 'combat'. (Some people ask that same question about thier AR-15 or Mini-XX) If you are talking about reliability and decent accuracy, then just about any Glock will be good for that. Some Glocks are big, some are small, some carry 7 rounds, some carry 15 or more, some kick more than others. If you can handle the recoil and place a good shot consistantly is what really matters.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHICH GLOCK SHOULD I BUY? ... KIMBER
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Which Kimber would you recommend ... one of those made by Smith&Wesson or one made by BUL?
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathew, Mathew, MathewIt would be the forgings made by the Smith & Wesson Custom Shop. If memory serves me correctly, a forging is a long way from a gun.ANDIf memory serves me correctly, it was YOU that told me in another thread (along time ago) that the Smith & Wesson Custom Shop (maker of the Model 945 1911) has the BEST FORGINGS AVAIABLE! So if you want the BEST ... BUY KIMBERMy opinion is indirectly supported by: M.Opaliski aka: MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    True, they do provide the forgings and they are the best in the industry ... that's why many companies buy them. Without the forging there is no gun ... no slide, no frame, so, it's not as far from being one as you suggest.I would argue that Wilson makes a better 1911, but they buy their slides and frames from Kimber ... go figure.*Edited for spelling
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast[This message has been edited by M.Opaliski (edited 09-19-2001).]
  • Options
    BigTexBigTex Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    G-20 capable of handling the occasional terrorist or rogue elephant.Regards,BigTex