In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger pistols

jjce11jjce11 Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have been thinking about purchasing a Ruger pistol. In the past, I have fired several different types of these and found them to be OK. I am interested in the opinions of shooter for this platform. Which on is best for the money - etc. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is the difference between the p89 and the p 93/95 and such all 9mm?
  • Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check this site....explains everything.....=-) http://www.ruger-firearms.com/pistolscf.html The main difference is the grip style.[This message has been edited by Kadaver (edited 09-18-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So its basically the grip. The only difference i see is the weight.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    The P89 is all metal, the P95 has a polymer frame. I have a P89 and really like it. I have big hands and like to feel some heft from my gun. The P95 is too lite and top heavy for me, same as the Glocks, great guns, I just don't like the way they feel.
  • Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i too have big hands and need the weight....im planning on buying one in the near future.....that or a sp101 or gp100. I have tried all the favorites, Glock, Sig, H&K, 1911's. The only things that fit my had are Rugers and berettas. And since rugers are $200 less then berettas (now that there is a $40 dollar rebate available for all p-series ruger autos) i have chosen Ruger as my first semi-auto pistol.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I also have a P90 (.45ACP). It's slightly larger than the P89, otherwise, same config. Great guns for the poor man. Mine never jam as long as I'm using factory mags.
  • Options
    At_The_GatesAt_The_Gates Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I owned a Ruger 95 9mm for around 2yrs.Its a very good gun. I like the accuracy on it and i shoot it a lots of times. Its light and its comes with a 4" slide. You can find hi cap magazines for it too.(I used to have 4 15rds on me all the time )I will recommend these one because of my own experience.