In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

glow and no glow

TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Beretta 96 with factory night sights and my front sight has got pretty dim. Anyone able to give me an idea of what it should run me to have a complete new set installed?

Comments

• Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    it seems like I have see them for $75 to $100 depending on the make
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your best bet would be Meprolights or the new Big Dot Express Sights.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Edited by - mballai on 08/29/2002 23:52:15
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    I'll probably go with either Trijicon or Meprolights, but the cost of having them installed is really the part I'm wondering about. Only the rear sight is dovetailed in and I realize that replacing these won't be as simple as others I've had done.

How much should I expect to pay for having this type installed?
  • Options
    AlerionAlerion Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Txs,

You can go to http://www.novaksights.com and get a pretty good idea what's involved. Look under "Sight Systems."

Tom

So, just how does rendering me defenseless protect you from violent criminals?

Edited by - Alerion on 08/30/2002 09:46:10
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    the guy at my local gun shop puts the night sights in for free if you buy them there. there aint too much work involved...atleast not for a glock. not sure about a berretta.

the sights should cost between $75-100 like said above...the install shouldn't be more than a few bucks.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm cheap, I'd try to send them back to the factory and have them replaced....

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !